LIFE'S CRAVINGS....because everyone wants something more out of life...

There is so much to see / hear / taste / touch / sense / write / draw / dance / play / love / do / be

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ease with Enya

There's nothing like the music of Enya to keep me calm and centered.
When I was in freshman year in college, I would play the album The Memory of Trees over and over again during the daily commute to and from school. That was about four months of listening to the songs almost everyday, and so I pretty much memorized the lyrics (the English ones, at least) and had their tunes ingrained in my subconscious.
I've graduated to other Enya albums since then, but my love affair with this kind of music continues.
In case you have a few minutes to spare, or toward the end of a frenetic day, take the time to view these videos and let the music and the images sink in.
Storms in Africa
My favorite Enya song of all time! If I could have it my way, I'd have this song playing during the recessional of my wedding ceremony.
Orinico Flow
Who doesn't know this, right? "Sail away, sail away, sail away..."
Caribbean Blue
I love the watercolor-ish, Waking Life-ish, super trippy (*wink*) approach to this video.
On My Way Home
Found at the end of the Memory of Trees album, this, indeed, was what I used to play on my way home from school over 10 years ago.
Watermark
A wonderful, wonderful song... Wasn't this associated with a De Beers commercial once? Whatever it was, it always makes me think of sparkling diamonds, or rain--depending on my mood, really. (I love the Claude Monet art on this one.)
Wild Child
I had a copy of A Day Without Rain shortly after graduating from college, and my work friends and I used to play this from our shared cubicle after the end of a really stressful day. For some reason, my friend Richard used to think this song really fit me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like Enya yads...I have a copy of her greatest album as bought by G two years ago. i agree her music is calming and soothing the soul...as in

Eva Marie said...

halu yadz! bitaw...nice jud iyang music. especially kung stressed ayo ta...nindot ayo paminawon... pareha jud ta og mga likes yadz...soulmates siguro ta. hehe

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

oist yads... wala man ko kabalo ani oist, dili man gud ko musically inclined, hahaha

ANGELROCHE said...

naa pud koy collection ani yadz. makagaan man gud sa atong hunahuna ning ilang music no. nice kayo jud!

Eva Marie said...

nindot man paminawon si enya haze. try listening to one of her songs....very soothing jud kaayo. =)

Eva Marie said...

nindot jud bitaw si enya roche nuh? karon di nako ko kapaminaw niya pero nibalik napud ko kai para di ko ma-stress diri. ehhe