LIFE'S CRAVINGS....because everyone wants something more out of life...

There is so much to see / hear / taste / touch / sense / write / draw / dance / play / love / do / be

Sunday, May 25, 2008

YOU CAN NEVER PLEASE EVERYONE…!

One of the most valuable lessons that I’ve learned whilst growing up is TO KEEP IT REAL… to ALWAYS BE TRUE TO YOURSELF no matter what kind of issues you’re going through. I remember a conversation that I once had with one of my high school bestfriends-----she told me to stop trying too hard to make everybody like me coz it’s never gonna happen. It is only when I grew older that I truly grasped the real significance of what she said to me. Ironically though, I find myself doing the same thing these days. I seem to keep falling into the same trap over and over again.
I have to say that it is such a very unhealthy trait to have---not to mention exhausting! But I guess I do it to avoid (as much as I can) any divergence in my life. And by doing so, I make myself totally oblivious to the fact that I’m not really doing myself any favour by constantly striving to please everyone else around me. A very wise man (my dad) once said that if EVERYBODY LOVES YOU THE WAY YOU WANT THEM TO, THEN YOU WON’T BECOME A BETTER PERSON. He couldn’t be more right!
After taking into consideration all the more recent experiences (growing pains) that I went through, I now realize (COMPLETELY) that it is utterly impossible to satisfy everyone. No matter how many times you win the “MISS CONGENIALITY” title, someone out there will still hate your guts for reasons that only they could substantiate. But that doesn’t make you a cast-off. It just means that you’re REAL….and that you don’t need everyone else’s approval to validate your sense of SELF-WORTH.

2 comments:

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

you are definitely right Eve, we can't please anyone. Your dad was right too... you cant let people follow what you want or do what it should be, because everyone have their own personality. but somehow, we know no matter what it is that we have our own worth.

Eva Marie said...

korek jud haze!

oist! humana ka og telebabad diha? heheh