LIFE'S CRAVINGS....because everyone wants something more out of life...

There is so much to see / hear / taste / touch / sense / write / draw / dance / play / love / do / be

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

RACIAL DISCRIMINATION

Don’t you just hate it when people stereotype you because of your background? So I get it, racial prejudice is still prevalent nowadays---I just never imagined that I’d fall victim to it here in Sydney (the city that’s been dubbed the most multi-cultural in the land down under). I went shopping the other day and as I went about the business of putting some unwanted items back into an empty rack outside the change room, this short, robust blonde saleslady from hell practically came out screaming at my face, “HEY! EXCUSE ME! YOU DON’T PUT THESE CLOTHES HERE! THEY’RE SUPPOSED TO GO TO THAT RACK OVER THERE!” And she then proceeded to point at a filled-up rack nearly 20 meters from the change room. Too aghast to even blink, I stared at this psychotic yobo for a good 10 seconds. Unfortunately, she was on a mission to ruin my day. “DO YOU UNDERSTAND ENGLISH, DOLL?!! TAKE THESE CLOTHES TO THAT RACK OVER THERE!!!” At this point, I was seriously contemplating sucking the air out of her big, fat, ugly face. But since I’m not one to commit manslaughter, I held my ground and in the iciest tone I could muster, I calmly retorted, “Yes. I heard you the first time. But last I checked, I don’t work here. So why don’t you put these clothes to that rack over there. It’s a bit of a walk but hey, you look like you need the exercise…. “ When I saw the stunned look on her face, I knew that I’ve broken through her façade. Embarrassed that she is now the object of everyone’s attention, I saw her cower a little bit. But unfortunately for her, I was just getting started. In an attempt to salvage what’s left of her dignity, she muttered “I’m just telling you the store policy, doll…but I don’t suppose you get it…” ------- ??????!!!!!!!!------- ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? !!!!..........”Oh please! Spare me that crap” I piped. “And I suppose it’s your store policy to come yelling at customers? Now I’m no retail genius but where I come from, people in your position are paid to serve people like me. So if you’re so fixated at having these clothes on that rack over there, do it yourself. And oh! While you’re at it, take these with you as well.” And with that, I shoved a handful of clothes into her pale, stubby freckled hands and walked away with a grin. Ha! Sucked in Bitch! She saw that I was an easy prey because I’m asian but OH how she got it wrong! She picked on the wrong asian girl and her ego certainly got a thorough bruising.

No comments: