LIFE'S CRAVINGS....because everyone wants something more out of life...

There is so much to see / hear / taste / touch / sense / write / draw / dance / play / love / do / be

Thursday, August 14, 2008

WHO PAYS?


The other night, my friend dished about a first date. The conversation started out with: "Never. Going. Out. With. Him. Again!"

Apparently he invited her to dinner, but when the check came he asked if they could "split it," and waved the bill in the air. My friend whipped out her debit card in shock. She just assumed he would pay since, as she told me, "He invited ME to the ridiculously overpriced French bistro that was purely lit by stubby candles."

I was torn. He asked her out, on a first date. It's not like they were dating and in the "I got dinner, you pay for the movie" phase. I'd like to think chivalry is not dead and if a guy asks a gal out, he's going to buy her a meal. I've paid for the date when I was the askee. The guy tried to give me money, but I refused and quipped, "You can pay next time," thus securing a second date (score!).

This was a deal breaker for her. Even though she said she'd go out with him again, she fully intends to screen her calls from here on out and even re-saved his name on her mobile as John Cheap.

What are your dating deal breakers? I once nixed date two because on date one, the guy spoke about his mum a lot. He was 30.

No comments: