LIFE'S CRAVINGS....because everyone wants something more out of life...

There is so much to see / hear / taste / touch / sense / write / draw / dance / play / love / do / be

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Marriage Abuse

Kim Karshaisan and Kris Humphries file for divorce after 72 days. When I hear stories like this it gives me the same feeling as hearing about teenagers using abortion as birth control. I think there’s a tremendous lack of responsibility here. I don’t know their hearts or the details of their relationship but unless there was physical / emotional abuse, 72 days is not a marriage. It’s a summer fling. I don’t care if they went straight in couples counseling right after the honeymoon, 72 days is not enough to say you worked on your marriage. I believe they abused the ritual, one I hold precious and valuable, one I am protective of because one day, if I have children, I want them to experience the kind of love that can only be had with hard work and a fierce commitment. I don’t want them to see marriage as a transition, a phase, or a coin toss which is what it seems to be these days. I think too many quit early. I think people don’t understand that healthy relationships are earned not given, and that chemistry alone is not enough to break your vows. I believe we shouldn’t end a marriage until both have done everything in their power to save it. But then again, the average person doesn’t profit 15 million dollars from media / endorsements when they get married.

-Angry-

No comments: