LIFE'S CRAVINGS....because everyone wants something more out of life...

There is so much to see / hear / taste / touch / sense / write / draw / dance / play / love / do / be

Monday, August 25, 2008

----*****-----

My friend called me last night as I was washing the dishes. "Do you think I'm a slut?" she asked. "Um, no. Do you think I am?" I said. I had no idea where she was going with this. My girl is 30, has a high-powered career, owns her own place and I'd trust her with my own child (if I had one). Above all, she barely dates and is more of a relationship girl. Slut? Not quite.

I pressed: "Why would I think that?" She ranted: "Met a suit at the hotel bar where my business meeting was. He bought me drinks and a cheese plate and I took him home. We had sex [dude sprung for a cheese plate, you better had--I kid, I kid!]. Sex in my bed, then in the shower." I'm still not following. She's a 30-year-old woman who I know for a fact is on the Pill, so it's not like she was going to get storked! And she told me he used a condom both times, so she did play it safe.

Here's why she thinks she's a "slore": In the morning before he left he gave her his number and asked if she'd like to have dinner this weekend (aw, sweet!), but as soon as the door shut behind him, she threw out his number. "Why?" I asked. "There was something very pushy about him and he seemed too comfortable in my apartment," she said. When I asked what that meant, she said before they fell asleep he turned the TV on and watched the news. Um, OK? So?

Personally, I would have gone to dinner with the dude, I mean there was an obvious physical attraction, right? This got me thinking, are one night stands ever OK? My opinion: She's a consensual adult, on the Pill and they used a condom--twice. She's a single woman who had a little fun. So not a slut. And what's up with women thinking of themselves as sluts, anyway?! That word has got to go.

10 comments:

agcreatives said...

bitaw yads ngano kaha mo ngon most gurls noh if they are physically attracted sa person nga slut cla afterwards I can't get it either hehehe for me ha there are just moments nga dli jud love...attraction lang so wats wrong with that...oi happy bday in advance....wish you a more productive & meaningful year ahead...

Eva Marie said...

mao jud...ngano jud pugngan kung naa physical attraction di vah? hehehe.

thanks yadz....i'm one step closer to death. hehehe

creative tiny hands said...

yadz...happy birthday...wishing you all the best and good health...

Anonymous said...

hi yadz! nice blog. you're right gyud what's the point of denying and pretending that women can control their attractions to men? ingna sya just go for it and enjoy ;) hehehe...tagi gyud kaayo ba! ingatz

simplyjacy said...

no comment lang ko yads.
greet lang ko happy birthday!

Eva Marie said...

thanks yadz estella...very extended kaayo akong birthday karon....hangtod karon kai nag celebrate gihapon ko kai nagkita mi ni ate eden. hehehehe

Eva Marie said...

hello yadz...! mao jud! ambot ngano to siya oi...nahadlok man to siya sa kiki...shalan oi! ako pa ato kai sige go jud dayun! hehehehe
paila lang jud ko sa akong ka-tagi yadz. hehehehe

musta naman ka?

Eva Marie said...

hehehe. no comment jud ka yadz...! ikaw jud! play it safe kaayo ka diha. hehehehe mahadlok ka ni Lord nuh? hehehe

bitaw oi...thanks again yadz.! muwah!~extended baya kaayo ang celebration sa akong birthday oi....

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

na-paranoid lang ang imuhang friend Eve hehehe or dili lang sya kabalo how to handle things like that

Eva Marie said...

heheeh. mao jud....nag freak out ra to siya.